All the things you'd like to see in NSR
A couple requests/suggestions

A couple requests/suggestions

Postby TRON on Wed May 14, 2008 2:53

Hi,

I only found this game last night! I had never heard of it before then :( But wow am I happy to have found it. I have been racing car and plane sims for a long time, however, so naturally a few obvious requests/suggestions pop into mind. I have only tried the demo and am going to buy the full game now, so if any of these are in the full version...skip to the next one 8)

1. Car setups/pitstops? I have only tried the demo and am going to get the full download now, but as I flew through the air and landed, I immediately wanted to adjust my spring settings. This is a natural desire for any sim racer and if it's in the full version great, but if it's not...would be great to have a few settings to tinker with. :D

2. Camera controls. I was wanting to control looking left and right or up and down with the camera.

3. Recording system. I finished some 'fun' laps and went to find the record/playback controls so I could watch as my car soared through the air..only to find there aren't any? Would be great to get some video!

4. Some of us, me at least, like to race in first person. When flying through the air, the car pitches up and down nicely, but it makes it a bit tough to see the track. I am thankful there is a gyro! But, I thought it might be an ok idea to have some sort of mirror/reflector on the top edge of the visor of the helmet hmm or even part of the car? So, you'd just have to look a bit up, seeing the track mirrored but at least you'd see where the track is, if you know what I mean? Or maybe a tiny screen on the dashboard depeciting whats on an angle downward, in front of the nose cone? Or a hole in the floor? Something?? :idea:

Those are meerly suggestions. I must say I felt exhilerated when I played this last night! What an F-ing blast! Cant wait to get on the multiplayer.

Ciao

Tron
!SYSTEM ALERT!Identity Verified!!SYSTEM ALERT!Identity Verified!!SYSTEM ALERT!
TRON is on the game grid
TRON

Re: A couple requests/suggestions

Postby SkyRider on Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:55

Hi Peeps,

I was just thinking about possible additions to the game and also thought about pitstops, then came across this post.

In a 6 lap race it could mean you drive down a pit stop lane, either stopping briefly or it reduces the speed for a length of time which the reduces some damage to the car and allows you to rejoin then race with a stronger car. Think wipeout style?

Could mean more thinking during the race to whether you go out full blast and need to repair along the way or try to run the race without stopping. Adds an extra bit of skill, timing and thought on how to race.

Would this be appropriate in this game for future tracks?
SkyRider

High Score: 345600
Ranking: 7
Profile: SkyRider

Postby Mac on Sat Sep 13, 2008 15:19

Considering the races only last about 6 laps in the championship and good drivers are smart enough to manage their boost based on engine damage, I wouldn't think that would really be a good idea Sky. O.o

I've never managed to destroy the car except for the few occasions I've landed off the track or on another car (which is an instant retirement anyway)

Unless GameSeed plan on increasing the maximum number of laps possible in Arcade / Single Race mode or implementing a more 'simulative' race mode which makes races last 20 - 30 minutes, then a pitstop mechanism would need to be implemented to repair car damage.

Considering the average amount of damage the cars take from standard racing (mostly suspension damage, really) that would mean that 2 or 3 pitstops would be needed per race - technically the cars can only last about 10 - 15 laps if they don't keep contacting opponents just because of how much damage the car takes from landing jumps.

(I can barely finish Jump It Up Reverse on a 10-lap race. The car literally takes 9% damage in the first three jumps alone. ><)

- Quote Of The Moment
Mac

High Score: 330786
Ranking: 8
Profile: Mac_Matrix

Postby SkyRider on Sat Sep 13, 2008 16:05

I understand what you mean about it not being good for just 6 laps. I consider myself to be great at damaging the car, it's not so much the landing I get damage from but all those pesky corners. :roll:

I guess I need more practice in getting my car around in one piece!

Uhm, how about a MacDonalds drive-thru? :D
SkyRider

High Score: 345600
Ranking: 7
Profile: SkyRider

Return to Suggestions / Feature requests