All the things you'd like to see in NSR
Fun Track

Fun Track

Postby jbalat on Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:20

Do you have any intention of creating a fun track ?

What I am thinking about is some crazy jumps that go almost straight up then into a stall turn, flick the back end around and down another ramp.. Or a high jump that takes you up to a sky level or through hoops in the air ???

BTW.. Any word on multiplayer yet ? I'm getting bored of COD4 on Wednesday nights...
jbalat

Re: Fun Track

Postby Etienne on Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:53

Upcoming tracks will be more crazy, so you should have more fun with them. :)
A multiplayer beta update should be available in march.
We are currently finalizing the current update, fixing the new bugs, so the multi should come soon after that, but don't worry, you'll be informed :mrgreen:
Etienne - Ai-Wave / Game Seed Developer
Etienne

High Score: 98915
Ranking: 59
Profile: Zorglub

Postby jbalat on Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:04

Thanks Etienne, I look forward to it..

Just thought I would give you guys some feedback, I think it is good to know whether good or bad. I really want this game to be a hit...

I have been playing NSR the last couple of days with friends on 37" LCD with XBox360 wireless controller.

Day 1. My brother said the game was ok (38yo). He is not really into games. However he would like to see more tracks where you could better utilise the flying functionality of the cars since this is what makes this game unique. His comments were that he could have driven around these tracks with a V8 racing car or rally car and there wouldnt be too much difference. When I put on TM-U (Island) he preferred playing that instead. More speed, a lot more to see on the screen, more air time...

Day 2. I had a bunch of young kids playing (10yo). In a way they agreed with my brother in that they only wanted to play the JUMP IT UP track so they could fly as high as they can off the ramps. They loved it. I couldn't get them off. They have an XBox360 at home and they would definitely buy the game if it came out on XBox since they don't own a games pc
jbalat

Postby Etienne on Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:17

jbalat wrote:His comments were that he could have driven around these tracks with a V8 racing car or rally car and there wouldnt be too much difference.

Has he tried the "Red Run" or "Hot Rusk Reverse" tracks with an Air-XS ? I don't think you could do jumps like that with a V8 racing car or rally car.
But we're not doing a flying simulator either :lol: . Flying is not the only thing in NSR, it's just one aspect of the game.

jbalat wrote:When I put on TM-U (Island) he preferred playing that instead. More speed, a lot more to see on the screen, more air time...

This is just the beginning of NSR's life, it will improve. But TM and NSR have a really different approach. In the end it will always be a question of taste as well.

jbalat wrote:In a way they agreed with my brother in that they only wanted to play the JUMP IT UP track so they could fly as high as they can off the ramps. They loved it. I couldn't get them off. They have an XBox360 at home and they would definitely buy the game if it came out on XBox since they don't own a games pc

Cool, it's true that kids usually like NSR very much. In France we say that truth comes very often from the mouth of children :lol:
We would love to see NSR on the Xbox too, but apart from (small) technological problems, getting published on consoles is another story...
We'll see that when we have multiplayer working...
Etienne

Postby koltafeuille on Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:06

Etienne wrote:A multiplayer beta update should be available in march.
,you'll be informed :mrgreen:

we have notice that point :mrgreen:
koltafeuille

High Score: 299728
Ranking: 12
Profile: o8o koko

Postby Mooks on Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:47

koltafeuille wrote:
Etienne wrote:A multiplayer beta update should be available in march.
,you'll be informed :mrgreen:

we have notice that point :mrgreen:

Yes ;) I hope this will happen as soon as possible... In march? hmmmm, approximatively seven days for the beta version, yihaaaaaaaa !!! :)
Mooks

High Score: 313471
Ranking: 9
Profile: Mooks

Postby jbalat on Tue Mar 25, 2008 23:46

5 days to go !!!!
jbalat

Postby Etienne on Wed Mar 26, 2008 0:23

hmmmmmm, you're gonna have to pray guys :mrgreen:
Etienne

Postby jbalat on Wed May 07, 2008 1:19

If you get into some fun and weird tracks..

Can you include a simple Drifting Track with some nice tight slippery turns...
Dont know if your physics engine is capable of this ??
jbalat

Return to Suggestions / Feature requests