All the things you'd like to see in NSR
Can we have guns for Multiplayer ?

Can we have guns for Multiplayer ?

Postby jbalat on Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:45

Maybe a cool sidewinder firing off from a cloud of smoke !!!
jbalat

Re: Can we have guns for Multiplayer ?

Postby Etienne on Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:11

Hmm, a missile would be a bit radical I think ! :mrgreen:
In Game Seed we like to do things step by step, and to stay on one thing until we think it's good.
That's what we've done with the solo mode. We've thought : what's the point of putting multi-player modes if the solo modes don't work ?
We're gonna do the same with multi-player modes. We want the classical multi-player modes to work well before putting weapons and other nasty things in place.
But I must admit that after a few mad Lan tests on NSR, I wouldn't be against putting some riffle guns and oil or smoke screens from time to time.
I'm a old fan of Spy Hunter (the original 2D top view arcade version), and all I can say is that some day this game will also be one of the few games that inspired me...
Etienne - Ai-Wave / Game Seed Developer
Etienne

High Score: 98915
Ranking: 59
Profile: Zorglub

Postby Fragle on Wed Feb 20, 2008 20:23

or only ad big smoke from crached F-Jet could be great : just change a little bit each run ;)
better than weapon : use F-jet dammage for oil when you have more than 50% of damage for exemple and a began of smoke after 80%

that could be done in same time than physical damage visible on F-jets ;)
Mooooove Youuuur Caaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!
Fragle

High Score: 217599
Ranking: 24
Profile: Fragle

Postby jbalat on Wed Feb 20, 2008 23:51

Wow,
This is the first time the game developers are actually considering feedback from the gamers.. How do I get a job with game seed ?

I really love racing games because you can just jump on and race. No sneeking around, no killing, just paced paced high speed action, lots of bumping, and lots of fun..

My most favourite games are Need for speed most wanted and Toca 3 when playing online with friends on a Wednesday night... I find it very difficult to play anything in single player.. I spend more time trying to drift the cars around the track rather than trying to win the race but still try to stay in the leading crowd.

My most memorable moment was playing NFS Porche with a bunch of friends and coming across a huge waterfull on one of the tracks. I actually parked the car facing the waterfall and just watched in awe.. To my suprise my friends parked on either side of me and we all watched together while we chatted over yahoo messenger. Its hard to describe the feeling but it would be great to get that again in another game.. maybe even NSR ?

sorry got carried away
Great game, looking forward to more !!
jbalat

Postby YardWasted on Sat Apr 05, 2008 17:40

Please---no weapons!!!!
Smoke and Oil I can see al long as it's limited to specific races and only one use per race and it becomes a server side option so that the host can enable if they so choose.
Again if other wepons are added in the future--please let the host be able to disable them with server side options.

Lets race and keep all the FPS stuff to the shooter games.
YardWasted

Postby sparf on Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:52

I agree with you YardWasted. Some people ask for weapons but according to me NSR is a RACE car game : the focus is on driving and the best weapons are concentration, wheel abilities and instinct. Don't worry, if we integrate weapons one day, it will be an option.
Sparf - Equipe de développement Game Seed / Game Seed team
sparf

High Score: 140851
Ranking: 39
Profile: sparf

Return to Suggestions / Feature requests