If you encounter a problem when playing NSR
NSR won't update my scores anymore... HELP

NSR won't update my scores anymore... HELP

Postby Angelical_1 on Tue Feb 05, 2008 17:21

Arghh, please, please help... Each and everytime I load NSR and go to "RECORDS" and press "UPDATE" NSR freezes (pressing "BACK" does nothing).

Pressing CRL/ALT DEL (using Sysinternal's Process Explorer) I can see a process called NSR_S1.exe using ~25% of my CPU. I've tried loading NSR with every possible background process closed (with firewall up or down). The issue does not seem to be internet connection related as it creates and deletes new profiles perfectly fine (which appear to require internet connection). NOTE: I've taken screenshots of Process Explorer and the Records screen in NSR if they are of any use.

The ONLINE "RECORDS" says my rating is 86 (which isn't updated)...

RANKING.......HIGHSCORE
86/799.........94 028
CHAMPION.....429 972

However, the OFFLINE "SCORELIST" correctly says...

23...D-L-G (73)...94 028...Photon...CHAMPIONSHIP

I've no idea why this is happening, I've not installed any programs since installing NSR, nor modified any.

Kind Regards a rather sad Angelical_1 :cry: :cry:

P.S. - Additionally 8 out of 10 times NSR failed to close as mentioned in another post (the solution of which I don't undestand). Is there any chance you could send a debug version I could run to send you the log of the above issues.
Angelical_1

High Score: 66324
Ranking: 84
Profile: D-L-G (73)

Re: NSR won't update my scores anymore... HELP

Postby SkyRider on Tue Feb 05, 2008 21:59

I have also had this problem randomly since I installed it, have tried countless ways of determining what the problem may be. Loading NSR then doing update straight away, playing a quick race then update, switching profiles, uninstalling/reinstalling, but there doesnt seem to be any pattern. I cannot determine whether it's a bug in the game or an issue with the server connection.

Haven't had chance to play NSR much recently so don't know if the problem is still occuring, just tried it a few times now and mines is updating ok at the moment.

If we knew the server address we could try running a DOS tracert command to see if it struggles at any point and loses packets, could that cause it to hang maybe.

I think to help get around the freezing issue, (if it is a server problem) the update process needs a timeout, if it can't update in 30 seconds it stops trying and returns you to the game.
SkyRider

High Score: 345600
Ranking: 7
Profile: SkyRider

Postby Angelical_1 on Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:19

SkyRider wrote:I have also had this problem randomly since I installed it, have tried countless ways of determining what the problem may be. Loading NSR then doing update straight away, playing a quick race then update, switching profiles, uninstalling/reinstalling, but there doesnt seem to be any pattern. I cannot determine whether it's a bug in the game or an issue with the server connection.

Haven't had chance to play NSR much recently so don't know if the problem is still occuring, just tried it a few times now and mines is updating ok at the moment.

If we knew the server address we could try running a DOS tracert command to see if it struggles at any point and loses packets, could that cause it to hang maybe.

I think to help get around the freezing issue, (if it is a server problem) the update process needs a timeout, if it can't update in 30 seconds it stops trying and returns you to the game.

SkyRider, many thanks. Ironically it's comforting to know I'm not alone :D.

TO THE DEVELOPERS:

Would it be possible to have a debug version which could log every internal action to trace both the UPDATE failing (and locking itself to that screen - ie: BACK button not working) and the issue of the game not exiting past the last closing screen.

I adore the game and truly believe it merits accolade, however, at present, with the ONLINE scores not working (Requiring CTL+ALT DEL) AND the application not closing (Requiring CTL+ALT DEL) Nitro Stunt Racing is sadly UNUASBLE for myself, which is a shame given I've only purchased 2-3 days ago.

Kind Regards Angelical_1
Angelical_1

Postby Etienne on Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:27

SkyRider wrote:I think to help get around the freezing issue, (if it is a server problem) the update process needs a timeout, if it can't update in 30 seconds it stops trying and returns you to the game.

Yes, this will be done in the next update, and we'll change the server hosting the proxy too, because it's experiencing a lot of problem at the moment (these problems don't come from us, but i've got to integrate alternate solutions in the code to avoid such hangs).
These problems seems to happen even more often on Vista.
Sorry for these bugs.
They're going to be fixed in the next update (which will come soon).
Angelical_1 wrote:Would it be possible to have a debug version which could log every internal action to trace both the UPDATE failing (and locking itself to that screen - ie: BACK button not working) and the issue of the game not exiting past the last closing screen.

A debug version wouldn't help much. The next update will solve this.
Etienne - Ai-Wave / Game Seed Developer
Etienne

High Score: 98915
Ranking: 59
Profile: Zorglub

Postby Angelical_1 on Wed Feb 06, 2008 14:52

Etienne wrote:
SkyRider wrote:I think to help get around the freezing issue, (if it is a server problem) the update process needs a timeout, if it can't update in 30 seconds it stops trying and returns you to the game.

Yes, this will be done in the next update, and we'll change the server hosting the proxy too, because it's experiencing a lot of problem at the moment (these problems don't come from us, but i've got to integrate alternate solutions in the code to avoid such hangs).

Phew... I'm pleased it's a known issue that can be corrected.

Etienne wrote:These problems seems to happen even more often on Vista.

Yep, unfortunately I'm using Vista, sigh.

Etienne wrote:Sorry for these bugs.

That's ok.. main thing is you're aware of, and able to fix them.

Etienne wrote:They're going to be fixed in the next update (which will come soon).
Angelical_1 wrote:Would it be possible to have a debug version which could log every internal action to trace both the UPDATE failing (and locking itself to that screen - ie: BACK button not working) and the issue of the game not exiting past the last closing screen.

A debug version wouldn't help much. The next update will solve this.

Ok... Looking forward to the update, thanks.
Angelical_1

Postby Fred on Thu Feb 07, 2008 15:47

Me too!
Don't confuse the metaphorical with the physical; Walls hurt.
Fred

High Score: 18483
Ranking: 695
Profile: fred

Return to Technical assistance