All the hot news about NSR
Major update , BETA is Available (0.2.8.2) !

Major update , BETA is Available (0.2.8.2) !

Postby Etienne on Wed May 02, 2012 19:52

Game Seed is pleased to announce the release of Take Off, a major update of « Nitro Stunt Racing ».

EDIT : The Beta is available here : http://www.gameseed.fr/downloads/NitroS ... .2.8.2.exe

What you will have with the NSR Take Off update:
• New tracks
• Multi player mode
• Online rankings to measure your strength against other players from all over the world
• Paint workshop to customize your F-jet
• Replay mode
• 11 tracks Championship with saves :mrgreen:

If you already registered on the previous version, to register again you have to enter the email you used on the first registration.
License name is not used anymore.
If you've lost your serial number or license email, connect on the shop with you shop account https://shop.nitrostuntracing.fr , in the order detail you will find this info.
If you've lost your password, go here : : https://shop.nitrostuntracing.fr/password_lost.php, a new password will be sent to the license email.
If your license email is not valid, send me an mp containing this email, the new one and your serial number, I will change it.

The new records site is here : http://www.gameseed.fr/records/ (scores from the previous version have been scaled down)

Follow us on Facebook
Etienne - Ai-Wave / Game Seed Developer
Etienne

High Score: 98915
Ranking: 59
Profile: Zorglub

Re: Major update coming soon !

Postby Mac on Wed May 16, 2012 23:36

I unfortunately don't have a Facebook; however even if it's a little late I've still seen the announcement for the new update.

I can't wait. I'm looking forward to this; NSR is still imo a fantastic little game (I just wish I could drive the Air XS or at least just tone down the oversteer on it.)

edit

I just looked at the pictures you posted on Facebook.

Is ALL THAT STUFF coming with this new update? All the new tracks, car skins, etc? Because honestly, they look AMAZING. I just hope my poor GTX275 will still be able to run this as flawlessly as it did when the game was first released..

- Quote Of The Moment
Mac

High Score: 330786
Ranking: 8
Profile: Mac_Matrix

Postby Etienne on Thu May 17, 2012 15:11

Hi Mac,

For those who don't have facebook, you can download the screenshot pack here : http://www.gameseed.fr/press/NSR_Screen ... .04.13.zip

If you want high flying capacity with understeer, the Photon is probably the best choice.

ALL THAT STUFF is coming with this update, plus many more improvements that will be detailed later.
You should still be able to run the game as before with your GTX275, however you probably won't be able to have all the post processing effects at the same time (Bloom, Depth of field, Motion Blur and Anti-Aliasing). Maybe bloom and Anti-Aliasing will be ok.

See you soon on the track :)
Etienne

Postby Mac on Thu May 17, 2012 16:50

lol, I've always been driving the Photon :P but the thing is, it actually has maybe too much understeer ... to be honest I'd prefer a 5th car that has the as-of-yet unused handling characteristic (mild understeer -- since understeer, average, mild oversteer and oversteer are taken with the four current cars :P)

I also think the Air XS is the best-looking vehicle >P

... And you've added motion blur?? To be honest I would probably turn AA off with that anyway (likely the cars will be opted out of the motion blur post-processing which tends to result in white blocks 'around' the cars when AA is used). Up until the last update I was able to run it all at full whack at 60fps so I'm hoping for something similar with the updates. Not a big deal if I can't; I'll just tone car LOD down :)

The screenshots look awesome btw. I can't wait. I can guarantee some nice footage of the game will be on Youtube once it's out ;) (I currently only have 1 video online ... of me beating Loopings in Arcade mode, which with the most recent patch is not the easiest thing to do xD)

Will the update be free, or will it need to be paid for? (a pointless question really but nice to know :P)

- Quote Of The Moment
Mac

Postby Etienne on Thu May 17, 2012 21:23

Motion blur is the effect that costs the most. That's why I'll recommend only Bloom and AA on configurations that can handle it.

This update will be free for the ones who already have the Stage 1
Etienne

Postby Mac on Sun May 20, 2012 23:32

Well, I guess I'll find out how well it runs when you release it, eh?

Can't wait. June will be a good month :D

edit

Silly question, but will the replay mode let me switch which F-Jet I follow? (i.e. my own car or AI cars). Just wondering, really.

- Quote Of The Moment
Mac

Postby Etienne on Mon May 21, 2012 9:33

Yes, the replay will let you choose any F-Jet or view.
Etienne

Postby Etienne on Fri May 25, 2012 19:06

Game Seed is pleased to present one of the new tracks of the upcoming Nitro Stunt Racing’s update : Eagle's park. :D

This track is located in a middle of a natural park and offers new piloting experiences between the sky and the ground. In a unique scenery, perform spectacular jumps and take off to the finish line.

This exclusive track has several shortcuts which are reserved for the most skilful pilots, and gives a new freedom to piloting. :mrgreen:

You can download the corresponding screenshots here: http://www.gameseed.fr/press/NSR_Screen ... .05.25.zip
Etienne

Postby Mac on Sat May 26, 2012 17:14

Looks awesome ;D

Silly question: any specific date in June that this update is planned for? :)

- Quote Of The Moment
Mac

Postby Etienne on Sat May 26, 2012 23:58

Hard to say, but since the beta is not out yet, probably by the end of June.
We'll try as soon as possible anyway.
Etienne

Postby Mac on Thu May 31, 2012 22:56

Okay, no worries.

I will wait for the beta ;D

- Quote Of The Moment
Mac

Postby Etienne on Sat Jul 07, 2012 18:42

Hey, the beta is available here : http://www.gameseed.fr/downloads/NitroS ... .2.8.2.exe

- It's better to uninstall the old version. All records have been scaled, so the ranking is kept, but the competition is relaunched.
- There's no license name anymore, use the email used to register on the previous install
- Expect some bugs, it's a beta :mrgreen:
Etienne

Postby Mac on Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:59

I guess I'd better get practicing before SkyRider finds out about the new patch and trashes all my highscores :mrgreen:

Hm ... Minecraft Let's Play tomorrow or NSR? damn, tough decision. :|

Bah, I tried playing it at 3am :mrgreen:

Currently, I can think of three things to comment on: 1 good, one bad, and one buggy.

The buggy: I broke the layout of the skin editor by just clicking buttons/exiting out. Need to find out how to reproduce it.
The bad: I think a 'chase' cam should be added for replays (it's the only in-game cam missing from the list of replay cameras..)
The good: I've only done one lap on Multiplex ... and it is officially my new favourite track.

... Okay, I lie. I have more things to comment on. I was somehow running this on max (yes, MAXIMUM) on Loopings at 60fps ... only thing I didn't have on full was antialiasing (had it off ... don't need it.)
And you sounded worried I wouldn't be able to use motion blur :P

Also either I am just out of practice or the changes to the driver aids have made Bing a ridiculously fast driver (the guy in the Stealth skin Air-XS.) I think it's the former, but the cars handle very differently now it seems with the driver aids on (even the Photon is powersliding O_O) So ... this will sound stupid, but can you explain to me what each driver aid does, and what's been changed since the last game version? (I remember you saying you changed how driver aids work).

I need to understand what they're doing so I know which ones to turn off. I mean heck, I was able to drive the Air-XS ... with a KEYBOARD. and I didn't crash it. New record, eh? :D

Also the placement and direction of the jets on the back of the cars is off slightly; they point to the left. I'm pretty sure they do, anyway.

Well, I know what game I will be playing tomorrow. ;)

- Quote Of The Moment
Mac

Postby Etienne on Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:30

Mac wrote:The buggy: I broke the layout of the skin editor by just clicking buttons/exiting out. Need to find out how to reproduce it.
The bad: I think a 'chase' cam should be added for replays (it's the only in-game cam missing from the list of replay cameras..)
The good: I've only done one lap on Multiplex ... and it is officially my new favourite track.
Also either I am just out of practice or the changes to the driver aids have made Bing a ridiculously fast driver (the guy in the Stealth skin Air-XS.) I think it's the former, but the cars handle very differently now it seems with the driver aids on (even the Photon is powersliding O_O) So ... this will sound stupid, but can you explain to me what each driver aid does, and what's been changed since the last game version? (I remember you saying you changed how driver aids work).
Also the placement and direction of the jets on the back of the cars is off slightly; they point to the left. I'm pretty sure they do, anyway.

- Skin editor bug : yes please try to reproduce the bug. It's often very hard to find bugs when they are not reproducable.
- What do you mean by "chase" cam (I have an idea, but it can be different things)
- The eagle's park is also very good, especially if you're an Air-XS pilot. The massive flights that can be done are really showing the possibilities of aerial control in NSR, but it's true that Multiplex is just insane and contains all 3 types of tracks of NSR.
- Changes in physics : the major change is in the tire model. The spinning and lateral force are now more connected, so when you spin you loose lateral force more easily, and when you are turning you will be spinning the wheels more easily. So it will be easier to do power-sliding, and it's more realistic.
- Driving helps (aids ?) : basically only the ESP has evolved (quite a lot) since the last version. I'll describe what driving helps do :
- ABS : prevents wheel blocking when braking. But unlike ABS in the real world, it doesn't keep the car in a straight line (use ESP for that).
- ASR : prevents wheel spinning when accelerating. Quite useful especially on slippery tracks.
- ASC : (Aerial Stabilization Control) tries to keep the car horizontal. Just disable it and try to turn while flying and you'll understand it's a mandatory help in NSR :mrgreen: (doesn't do miracles though, as F-jets are flying like an ironer).
- ESP : prevents the car from sliding too much and helps you turning. When set on medium, it will use the brakes only when you brake, and it's capable of braking more on one side to help you turn. When set on high it may use the brakes even if you're not braking, to keep the car aiming in the direction of it's speed. So when set on high, it can make you loose a lot of speed to prevent the car from sliding too much (which means that if you're an experienced F-Jet pilot, you should not set this help to more than medium). In Medium or High, this help is also capable of changing the differential lateral power repartition, and it's using this before using the brakes, so it should not slow you down. Another thing that it does when set on high is to put you back in the direction of the track with a totally non physical help (this is the only case where we cheat with physics).

- Placement and direction of the jets : ??? never noticed that, I'll have a look.
Etienne

Postby Mac on Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:51

Once I've watched Formula 1 I'll be playing the game (I worked out how to cheat my TV into enabling Gaming Mode on PC display :]) so I'll try quickly to reproduce the editor bugs, and I'll post a screenshot of the F-jet cam views.

Also ... what driving aids (if any) do the AI use? I'm actually pretty curious. I'm assuming they don't use any (except maybe ASC) due to how they now powerslide the majority of Loopings :P

- Quote Of The Moment
Mac

Next

Return to News